Unless otherwise stated, NSGFA tournaments follow Softball BC rules and regulations with some minor changes which are set out below.
- Teams participating in NSGFA tournaments must follow Softball BC rules for rosters.
- Pick ups are allowed provided players are Softball BC sanctioned players (i.e., on an approved roster with a team), are the same age or younger, and are of the same classification or below (i.e., B, C)
- Prior to a team's first game, a team representative must check in with the tournament coordinator at the concession to:
- Provide a hard copy of the roster.
- Collect their allotment of MVP coupons and any other materials.
- NSGFA tournaments are non-protestable, and decisions by the tournament coordinator are final.
- Most tournaments guarantee four games per team.
- NSGFA tournaments are "play all, bat all".
- Each team must provide a scorekeeper and keep a record of the game.
- A coin toss at the pre-game plate conference will determine home team except in playoff rounds, when the higher seed will be the home team.
- Games will end if one team leads by more than:
- 15 runs after three innings
- 10 runs after four innings
- 7 runs after five innings
- No inning shall begin after 80 minutes as determined by the umpire's start time.
- If a tie needs to be broken, international tiebreak rules apply.
- After the game both teams must bring a score reporting sheet to the concession.
- Tournament rankings are based on win-loss record, then plus-minus record, then bases touched.
For U13b/c, U15b/c, U17b/c
- Runs are limited to five (5) per inning, except the seventh inning, which is open.
- Pitching and base path distance as per Softball BC rules.
Pitching limits for U13b/c, U15c, U17c
- Pitchers may pitch a maximum of 4 innings per game (one pitch is considered an inning).
- This limit is suspended in games that go into extra-innings.
For U11 Select (Super Mite)
Softball BC's U13C rules are to be used, with the following exceptions.
- Pitching distance is 35 feet.
- Base path distance is 45 feet.
- Runs are limited to four (4) per inning.
- A runner cannot advance to home on a steal, passed ball, or wild pitch.
- Runners get to take one base only on an overthrow and do so at the risk of being tagged or thrown out. If consecutive overthrows are made in the same play, runners may take a maximum of two bases.
- Runners may not advance on overthrows from the catcher to the pitcher after a pitch.
- Runners must slide if a play is happening at the base to which they are advancing, including home plate, but excepting first base if the runner crosses the safety bag. The umpire can choose to call the runner out if there was no slide attempt made.
- Drop third strike rule is not in effect.
- Infield fly rule is not in effect.
Fans are not permitted on the fields. This includes the outfields that are shared by the four diamonds. Teams are responsible for the actions and behaviours of their fans.
About McCartney Creek Park
North Shore Fastpitch tournaments are held at McCartney Creek Park, in the District of North Vancouver.
We share the area around McCartney Creek Park with residents of the District and ask that you respect their space and their privacy while you're using the diamonds. We put signs on the street near the parking lot entrance to remind you of this.
You are, however, allowed to park on any residential street in the neighbourhood if the parking lot is full.
You will not be ticketed or towed as long as you follow any restrictions that are posted along the street on permanent signposts.
While McCartney Creek Park is part of the District's alcohol in parks pilot program, alcohol may not be consumed at "playing fields when in use for games or events."
Barbecues, smokers, and camp stoves are not permitted to be used at McCartney Creek Park or its parking lot during tournaments. Please support our association and take advantage of the extensive menu at our concession.
For the weekend of May 13 to May 15 (U13b tournament):
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Veggie burgers
- Chicken burgers
- Chicken caesar salad wraps
- Chicken wings
- Chicken fingers
- Tator tots
- Deep fried pickles
- Jalapeño poppers
Fees and refunds
Cancellations with less than seven days before the tournament will not receive a refund.
If games are cancelled due to weather and/or field conditions, the following refunds will be offered:
- 0 games played: full refund
- 1 or 2 games played: 50% refund
- 3 or more games played: no refund