Welcome to North Shore Girls Fastpitch, BC, Canada
Spectators and travel are now permitted by Softball BC's return to play guidelines
Effective June 15, Softball BC's return to play guidelines stipulate:
- Spectators are permitted, to a maximum of 50 per diamond
- Number of participants is restricted to a maximum of 50 (including players, coaches, and officials)
- Games and scrimmages permitted, along with practices and training sessions
- Travel for competition and tournaments is permitted within the province
- Attendance tracking required
- Screening before entry to any facility, including outdoor fields
- Physical distancing of two metres is required when off the field of play (including dugouts and foul zones)
- Equipment can be shared without having to sanitize between use
- Frequent sanitizing is recommended
- Masks strongly recommended when off the field of play and when distancing is not possible
Provincial Championship dates and locations
The full list of events is available from Softball BC.
|U12B||July 30 to August 1||Richmond|
|July 9 to July 11||Richmond|
|U14B||July 23 to July 25||Delta|
|U14C||July 9 to July 11||Abbotsford|
|U16B||July 23 to July 25||Kelowna|
|U16C||July 16 to July 18||Kamloops|
|U19B||July 23 to July 25||Abbotsford|
|U19C||July 16 to July 18||Langford|
Girls Softball (age 5-21)
Based on the North Shore of Greater Vancouver, we provide opportunities for young women, ages 5 to 19, to learn and play fun and competitive softball on one of our many house and rep teams. In addition to league play, we run clinics to help coaches, umpires, players and pitchers to develop their skills.
Softball is a lifelong sport anyone can play regardless of age or athletic ability. We encourage women of all ages to participate in multiple activities, softball being one.
For girls ages 5 to 10, Learn-To-Play (LTP) focuses on progressive skills development using fun and engaging activities geared to young athletes with tons of boundless energy. This multi-week program is comprised of simple quick drills and short games designed to develop skills with increasing difficulty and challenges as players grow, develop mechanics and control, and learn to love and play softball.
Our house ("C") league provides for friendly recreational competition and development in a fun and supportive environment. Teams play primarily against other North Shore teams and are encouraged to enter weekend tournaments on and off the North Shore. At U16 (grade 9), they begin playing more games against other lower mainland teams. Registration opens in January. Teams are formed in March. The season runs from April to June with Provincials in July.
Players seeking greater competition, commitment and advanced skills and development are encouraged to try out for one of our North Shore Stars rep teams. Stars teams participate in the Lower Mainland Softball (Rep "B") league and enter 3 to 6 tournaments per season. Tryouts & team forming commence in September and teams practice indoors over the fall / winter to prepare for the season starting in April. The season runs to the end of June, followed by Provincials in July.